1. Information We Collect and How We Collect It. ClearVision Optical collects different kinds of information from you in different ways.
(a) What Information Collected. We collect these types of information on the Site.
(i) Non-personal Information is any information that does not identify you individually or does not permit a direct association with an individual (even if it is about you). Non-personal Information includes information about your Internet connection, equipment used to access the Site, and usage information. Non-personal Information may be derived from Personal Information by depersonalizing it to remove unique identifiers and/or combining it with information about other users to form aggregated data.
(ii) Personal Information is information that personally identifies you or allows one to contact you, such as name, email address, street address, telephone number, payment card information. To the extent we associate Non-personal Information with Personal Information, we treat the combination as Personal Information.
(b) How Information is Collected. We collect information on the Site in these ways:
(iii) Information You Provide. In the course of visiting and using the Site, you may provide information to us. For example, you may make a purchase. In the course of doing so, you may be asked for information about yourself, or may choose to provide such information. If you voluntarily provide your Personal Information to us, we collect it. When you: (i) submit a request or inquiry; or (ii) purchase a product or service from us online (each of the foregoing a Transaction), you may disclose Personal Information that we collect. We may also retain records about your Transactions, your correspondence with us, or your searches on the Site. You choose whether to disclose Personal Information, but sometimes we may not be able to process your Transaction without it. For example, we cannot sell a product to you without your name, payment information, product information, and delivery address. You also may provide information to be posted or displayed on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties. If you include Personal Information in those transmissions, it will be available publicly and not protected.
(iv) Automatically Gathered. We collect some information automatically as you navigate the Site. For example, we collect usage details, such as traffic data (such as information about how much time visitors spend on the Site or each page, dates and times of visits, etc.), location data, clickstream data (such as pages visited, clicks made, and similar information) and collect information about your computer, browsing patterns, and Internet connection (such as IP address, operating system, and browser type) for all visitors. This sort of information is generally considered Non-personal Information (unless it is combined with and therefore treated as Personal Information). We may combine information about your use with information about others use to generate aggregated Non-personal Information about visitors as a group. We may use tracking technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). ClearVision Optical may collect information through tracking technology described below.
2. FLASH COOKIES are local stored objects that allow us to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings used for browser cookies.
3. WEB BEACONS are small bits of code embedded in web pages or emails that assist in delivering cookies. Web beacons (also known as clear GIFs or pixel GIFs) help ClearVision Optical determine whether a page on this Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times or whether an email has been opened. For example, any electronic image on this Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon. Although you cannot decline to receive web beacons when visiting a web page, you can choose not to receive web beacons by email if you disable HTML images or refuse HTML email messages.
(v) Third Parties. We may collect information about you from third parties, such as service providers.
2. How We Use the Information. Generally, ClearVision Optical uses information (including Personal Information) to improve our services, to present, improve, administer, customize, and/or maintain the Site, to speed searching capability, to estimate the size and patterns of the Sites audience, to fulfill and manage Transactions, to build relationships with you and other users, to market and provide you with information about services, to provide the services, products, and information you request, to send you newsletters, to fulfill other purposes for which you provide the information, to provide you with notices about your account, to notify you about changes to the Site, to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site, to customize our services, to make content you see more relevant, to identify and prevent fraud, to track visits from affiliates or independent contractors, to regulate the advertisements you receive, to provide you with tailored offers and measure their effectiveness, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, to enable others to enforce their rights, to conduct investigations, to cooperate with law enforcement, to conduct market research and analysis, in any other way described when you provide the information, and for any other purpose with your consent. We may contact you to obtain your input, or provide information about our services or events. ClearVision Optical may identify you in connection with your use of certain aspects of this Site and may link information about your use of the Site with your Personal Information. ClearVision Optical does not place any restrictions on the use of Non-personal Information. More detail about certain uses of Personal Information appears below.
(a) Marketing. We may use your Personal Information to offer, market and advertise to you via the Site and/or through email or U.S. mail. We may communicate with you about ClearVision Opticals services or third-party products or services that may interest you. We may use Personal Information to conduct market research and analysis for ourselves and for others.
3. How We Protect the Information.
(a) Security Measures. ClearVision Optical takes steps to protect the Personal Information it stores or receives through the Site. Your Personal Information is stored on secure servers protected by a firewall. Any payment Transactions conducted through the Site will be encrypted using SSL technology.
(b) Caution. While ClearVision Optical endeavors to safeguard your Personal Information, it cannot guarantee absolute security. You transmit Personal Information through the Site at your own risk. You acknowledge and agree that ClearVision Optical shall not be liable for any security breach that results from causes or events that are beyond ClearVision Opticals control (such as acts of God, hacking, circumvention of privacy settings or security measures, terrorism, power outages, defects in third party security products and services, your own acts and omissions, and other similar events beyond ClearVision Opticals control). Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
4. What Disclosures We Make of the Information.
(a) Non-personal Information. ClearVision Optical does not place any restrictions on the use or disclosure of Non-Personal Information (included aggregated information). ClearVision Optical may share it with anyone for any purpose.
(b) Personal Information. ClearVision Optical may share your Personal Information with its affiliates. In addition, ClearVision Optical may share your Personal Information with other third parties:
(i) ENABLING SERVICES, GENERAL. ClearVision Optical may disclose your Personal Information to contractors, service providers, and other third parties to enable them to provide ClearVision Optical with services, including without limitation those necessary for processing your orders, payment processing, shipping, emailing, marketing, providing research or analysis, webhosting, storing/managing data, assisting in providing the services available through the Site or otherwise. ClearVision Optical may also disclose your Personal Information to fulfill the purpose for which you provided such information or for any other purpose ClearVision Optical discloses when you provide the information. ClearVision Optical may disclose your Personal Information with your consent.
(ii) LEGAL REASONS. ClearVision Optical may disclose your Personal Information in response to a subpoena or other court order, if otherwise required by law, in an effort to cooperate with law enforcement or a regulatory agency, to enable someone to enforce their rights, or to allow ClearVision Optical to enforce its rights. ClearVision Optical may disclose your Personal information when ClearVision Optical believes that doing so is necessary or desirable (a) to enforce ClearVision Opticals rights or defend against legal claims, (b) to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving personal threats to physical safety, allegations of intellectual property infringement or violations of privacy rights, (c) to protect rights, property, safety of ClearVision Optical, its customers, or others, and/or (d) as otherwise required by law.
(iv) MARKETING. We may disclose or share some of your personal (excluding payment information) and/or non-personal information to third parties who offer, market and advertise to you. We may use non-personal information to conduct market research and analysis for ourselves. ClearVision optical does not place any restrictions on the use of non-personal information.
(v) Do Not Track Disclosure. Some browsers have a do not track feature that, when enabled, signals websites and online services that you do not wish to be tracked. ClearVision Optical takes no action in response to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking because there is still no acceptance standard for how to respond to them.
5. How to Manage Your Information. The mechanisms below provide you with certain options about how to exercise control over your Personal Information:
(a) Information Access. Upon your request, ClearVision Optical will remove your Personal Information from ClearVision Opticals records related to this Site. This may cancel your subscription to some or all of the services offered by ClearVision Optical, via this Site or otherwise. We cannot delete your Personal Information without deleting your account. If you wish to update/correct Personal Information you have already provided to us, or if you wish to remove your Personal Information from our records, please send your request to us via email at CE@cvoptical.com or via postal mail to this address: ClearVision Optical / ATTN: Marketing Dept. / 425 Rabro Drive, Suite 2, Hauppauge, NY 11788. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If you delete publicly posted submissions from the Site, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Site users.
(b) Email Marketing. You may choose to opt out of receiving marketing emails that promote our products from us at any time by sending your request to us via email at email@example.com or via postal mail at ClearVision Optical / ATTN: Marketing Dept. / 425 Rabro Drive, Suite 2, Hauppauge, NY 11788, or by using the means (such as clicking unsubscribe) provided in our marketing emails. Please note, however, that your opt-out will apply only to marketing emails, not email communications about your Transaction or other non-marketing correspondence.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18 on our Site. If we discover that we have collected Personal Information about a child under the age of 18, such information will be deleted from our system. If you are under the age of 18, do not use this Site or provide information on this Site. If you believe we have received information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us here: TalentManagement@cvoptical.com or ClearVision Optical /ATTN: Talent Management / 425 Rabro Drive, Suite 2, Hauppauge, NY 11788.
8. California Residents. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of a notice describing categories of information shared with third parties or contractors for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of such third parties and contractors that received information in the past year, please submit a written request to TalentManagement@cvoptical.com or ClearVision Optical / ATTN: Talent Management / 425 Rabro Drive, Suite 2, Hauppauge, NY 11788.